It is located between the Republic of China and Mongolia. It is a cold desert acquiring every bit low as -47oC and every bit high as 33.9oC. During the winter, it is highly dry and will hold icy dust storms and blizzards. It has many dodos and is home to many animate beings and species of animate beings. The desert is spread outing in a procedure called desertification. Average precipitation is less than 100mm but some countries merely get rain one time every two or three old ages. Winds can acquire up to 140 kilometers per hours in the Spring.
The clime is classified as a BWk for dry waterless climate-Desert climate- midlatitude cold. Precipitation is less than A? the natural wet demand and the average one-year temperature is less than 18oC.
A natural jeopardy that may impact the country could be a icy dust storm or blizzard ( as listed above ) . The Gobi desert is a cold desert which is frequently covered in snow. Any blizzard would transport sand and any dust storm would transport ice and snow.
SITE 2: 19.567261 -155.617447 Location: Hawaii ( Close to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park )
1. The location given is Hawaii, located 2000 stat mis SE of the United States. May be portion of the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. The island was formed from volcanic activity. The hot spot which Hawaii lays over is what forms the vents located on the island. The vents and home bases lying beneath the islands besides cause temblors and tsunamis. The island has a big array of animate beings and species and besides has a big sum of endangered species ( all of this can be linked to the isolation caused by how far the island is off from any big sum of land ) .
Hawaii has a close changeless trade air current from the E and so the clime is slightly stable. Summer highs are typically high 31oC and about 24oC at dark and winter is normally around 28oC and 18oC at dark. Hawaii gets a about 70 inches mean rainfall a twelvemonth but in some countries the rainfall can be every bit much as 400 inches a twelvemonth.
The clime is classified as a Af for tropical rain forest clime which means that all months receive precipitation in surplus of 6 centimeter and that it is systematically warm in the country with all months averaging 18oC.
A natural jeopardy of Hawaii would be volcanic eruptions ( although it has n’t happened in many old ages ) , tsunamis and temblors. The island is located over a tectonic home base which is located over a hot spot. This can do more vents to organize and earthquakes to develop. The volcanoes instabilities besides cause temblors and tsunamis for the islands.
SITE 3: 59.247265 -134.914710 Location: Alaska ( close to Haines ) near to the boundary line of British Columbia.
1. The location is Alaska, ( close to Haines ) near to the boundary line of British Columbia and located reasonably near to Juneau, Alaska. It is close to the Yukon district. Haines, Alaska has a milder clime than would be expected due to the Pacific Ocean. Average high temperatures fall about 9oC and depressions around 2oC so non a really big scope. It receives about 60 in of rainfall a twelvemonth which ranges from under 4 to over 8 inches a month. This Alaskan conditions is really sometimes warmer than our Northern metropoliss located in the US. The largest concentration of brown bears is nearby and the country is home to many animate beings and species included sealife a short drive off. Many giants, sealions, porpoises and birds can frequently be found nearby in the Pacific.
The air current traveling into Alaska frequently brings many storms during all but the summer months with air currents of 50 miles per hour. The air current besides brings air current chill down sometimes doing it unsafe to be in it at times.
2. The clime is classified as a Dfc or humid Continental because it is a microthermal clime in which the warmest month is above 10oC and the coldest month is below 0oC but it besides has cool to temperate conditions and snow climes. It has twelvemonth round precipitation and merely 1-4 months is above 10oC.
3. A natural jeopardy of this location would be temblors, avalanches from glaciers, deluging in countries below sea degree and eroding due to strong air currents and storms. Small excess fact for avalanches in Alaska: Merely 7 % of avalanche human deaths are adult females. “ If you want to remain alive in the mountains, A take aA good adult female with you, A and listen to her. “ A -Doug Fesler
SITE 4: 65.788735 -68.797142
Location: Baffin Island in Canada
1. Baffin Island is located in Canada, away of the southeasterly seashore. The island has an highly cold clime. The clime brings really long, cold winters and foggy, cloudy summers. Snow, even heavy snow, occurs at any clip of the twelvemonth, although is least likely in July and early August. The mean one-year temperature is a?’8.5A A°C ( 17A A°F ) and 5A A°C ( 41A A°F ) . Baffin Island receives an norm of 222mm ( 8.7in ) of rainfall per twelvemonth. Animals that live on Baffin Island are polar bears, barren-ground reindeer, north-polar fox, north-polar hare, lemming and north-polar wolf. Baffin Island in Canada is one of the largest islands in Canada, and many types of stones cover this island every bit good.
2. The Baffin Island is described as highly cold by the people that live and visit at that place. The mean temperature ranges from a?’8.5A A°C ( 17A A°F ) and 5A A°C ( 41A A°F ) . Snow occurs about every month. This information has made it clear that this location is a portion of the Polar Climates and more specifically apart of the ET-Tundra Climate.
3. Because of the cold temperatures in Baffin Island, a natural jeopardy would hold to be the permafrost, which causes development to decelerate down. Another jeopardy would be the cyclonal storms. These storms form E of the Rocky Mountains, which consequences in the commixture of air multitudes from the Arctic, Pacific, and North American inside, which produces most of the states rain and snow. I came about my pick through research and because I learned that this country is highly cold, so, permafrost is something that I thought of even before researching the natural jeopardies of this country.
SITE 5: -20.529231 -68.912782
Location: Tarapaca Region in Chile
1. The Region is besides known as “ The First Region of Tarapaca . ” The part is located in Chile, but the exact location of this country is bounded on the West by the Pacific Ocean and on the E by the Republic of Bolivia, which is on the North by the Republic of Peru ( through a line called Harmony Line ) and south with the part Antofagasta in the river Loa. This part has features of a desert. The coastal fields that are around the country are about nonexistent. A subdivision of the Andes runs through this part and there are besides vents that rise above 5,000 metres. A tableland is besides located in this part and is located between the eastern and western strands ; near this tableland is a spread where moisture lands are located as good. Around this country is where the animate beings are located. The clime is different between the seashore, Highlandss and fields. The seashore temperature is mild because of the sea maintaining the temperature between 20 and 25 grades C all twelvemonth. The tableland has a really rapid temperature alteration from 30 grades C during the twenty-four hours, and at dark the temperature can drop to -30 grades C. Rainfall is normally highly limited and is noted that rainfall is “ virtually nothing. ” When it does rain it occurs in the Andean Highlandss during February.
2. The Tarapaca Region is known to be the most waterless desert in the universe. It is besides known that the part does non hold a batch of rainfall. It has the features of a desert therefore, the part falls under the Dry Arid and Semi Arid clime subdivision. More specifically, the part is BWh, which is a hot low latitude desert.
3. The Tarapaca Region is known to hold multiple natural jeopardies. These natural jeopardies are: terrible temblors, active volcanism and tsunamis. I found these natural jeopardies from researching and these were the 1s that were noted the most.
SITE 6: -3.735614 -63.741454
Location: The Amazon in Brazil
1. The Amazon is a damp broadleaf forest that covers most of the Amazon Basin of South America. Five and a half million square kilometres ( 1.4 billion estates ) are covered by the rain forest. The Amazon is a tropical part with high humidness and a batch of rain. The mean temperature of the Amazon rain forest is 80 grades Fahrenheit during the twenty-four hours. At nighttime, the temperature falls dramatically to about 50 grades Fahrenheit. Heavy rainfall happens in short periods of clip and the mean precipitation is about 300 centimeters per twelvemonth. January through April is known as the wettest season, and June through November are known as the dry months. More than 100-120 different species of trees can be found in the Amazon. There is a broad assortment of animate beings that inhabit this rain forest every bit good, some illustrations are: birds, monkeys, and cats, wild hogs, cervid and so much more!
2. The Amazon is frequently described as a Tropical Rainforest. The mean temperature is 80 grades Fahrenheit during the twenty-four hours and the temperature at dark is about 50 grades Fahrenheit. When it does rain, it is a heavy cloudburst and the mean precipitation is about 300 centimeters per twelvemonth. This information makes it really clear that the Amazon should be listed under Tropical Climates, more specifically ; it falls under Af, which is Tropical Rainforest.
3. I did non come across many natural jeopardies sing the Amazon but I did come across an issue that is a serious job that affects the Amazon rainforest greatly. The issue is called deforestation. Deforestation is the clearance of of course happening woods by logging and firing. It has been a job related to the rain forest for many old ages. The issue was eventually noted and talked about in the twelvemonth of 2000. This jeopardy interferes with the growing forms of the forest, which is an utmost job.
Site 7- ( 25.147215, 14.877672 ) Libya
Libya extends over 1,759,540 square kilometres. The seashore line extends longer than any other state in Africa on the Mediterranean. Libya is one of the most waterless topographic points on our planet. The clime is largely dry and desert like, but in the northern parts it becomes a much milder Mediterranean manner clime. The Libyan Desert screens much of Libya. In some topographic points in Libya it is decennaries before rain falls once more. Water can be found in the few oasis ‘s if you dig deep plenty. Temps cane be up to 136 Fahrenheit.
Koppen Classification: Bc
Natural Hazards: dust storms, duststorms Sirocco
Site 8- ( -25.35, 131.03 ) Mutitjulu, Australia
Mutitjulu is located in the Northwest Territory of Australia. It is level flaxen state of theTanami Desert. Arid and Isolated, this country as a largely bouldery terrain and little hills. The clime is largely dry with high summers and chair to cold winter temperatures. The mean rainfall is low and it is influenced by the moisture season.
Koppen Classification: Bacillus
Natural Hazard: Dust storms
Site 9- ( 27.985761, 86.923399 ) Mt. Everest
Mt. Everest is a sub-arctic part located between Tibet and Nepal. Everyone knows it as the tallest point of lift. It is divided into three units called “ formations ” . Each “ formation ” is separated from each other by low-angle mistakes called “ withdrawals ” . Glaciers cover the inclines of Mt. Everest all the manner to its base. The clime is utmost with the highest temperatures happening in the summer and making merely -2 grades Fahrenheit.
Koppen Classification: De
Natural Hazard: Avalanche, violent blizzards
Site 10: 25.045, 55.088 Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
It is located on the Arabian Peninsula every bit good as on the Persian Gulf. Dubai is alone for its part because it is a flaxen desert alternatively of a crushed rock desert like its neighbours. Unlike most desert climes since it is located on the gulf it has flora, such as thenar trees and certain types of flowers. Dubai is highly warm, most of the clip it maintains a temperature of about 24 oC ( 75 ) in the winter and about 41 oC ( 106 ) in the summer. Its mean precipitation is about 88 inches per twelvemonth. Winds get up to around 18 miles per hour.
The clime is a BWh for hot low latitude desert which is a Dry Arid and Semi Arid clime. The mean precipitation is less than A? POTET. Equally good as the temperature is greater than 18 oC
The natural jeopardies that could impact Dubai are temblors, fires and deluging. Dubai is rather warm but non every bit bad as other comeuppances, and when it does rain the rain is long and the metropolis is non equipped to manage the implosion therapy.
Site 11: 57.273, -4.428213 Location: Africa
Africa has many different climes. This is a alone continent because the top of it is desert. The center and bottom half is jungle and savannah. So the temperatures are highly different every bit good as the precipitation.
The clime for the northern half is considered a BWk Dry waterless clime and the in-between and southern half of Africa is an Am tropical clime and Aw tropical clime.
The natural jeopardies that affect Africa are cyclones, temblors, and inundations. Most of the metropoliss in Africa are 3rd universe therefore ; they are non equipped to manage natural catastrophes.
Site 12: 40.8206, 14.42714 Location: Naples, Italy
It is located near to Mount Vesuvius, which is where Pompeii was destroyed after Vesuvius erupted. The clime is mild which lead to rainy winters which usually does non travel below 12 ( 54 ) oC. The summers in Naples are warm where the temperature gets up to about 29 ( 85 ) oC. The overall precipitation in Naples is about 39 inches.
The clime is a Csa Mediterranean summer prohibitionist, Mesothermal clime. The precipitation is low in the summer months but high in the winter months.
The natural catastrophes in Italy is volcanic eruptions, temblors, and inundations. The most common happening is earthquakes though, and there is no manner to be prepared for those.